Secondary Bell Schedule
Directory of Schools
Faculty & Staff
Yonkers Council of PTAs
School Programs Catalogs
Code of Conduct
Common Core Standards
Dignity For All Act Liaisons
How to Enroll in School
Library Catalog - Follett Destiny
Lunch & Breakfast Menus
NYS School & District Data
Summer Reading Lists
WDMC TV Schedule
eChalk Student Registration
403B Information & Letter
Secondary Bell Schedule
Follett Destiny eCatalog
eChalk Student Registration
District Online Resources
Virtual Main Office
Common Core Resources
Elementary Blank Plan
Elementary Instructional Plan Book
IT Direct - Online Technology Tickets
Personal Property Form
From the Principal
This year Cross Hill took the S.T.E.M. program a step higher and embraced S.T.E.A.M. We challenged ourselves in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math education. Cross-curricular projects created opportunities for our students to develop planning, creative and problem-solving skills as they approached each assignment with enthusiasm and completed them with satisfaction.
Benjamin Franklin said, "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." He was well-known for his inventions and leadership. Without his passion for discovery, we might not have the gift of those inventions.
The time you spend at Cross Hill is an investment in your future. Use this time wisely by searching for knowledge and nurture your natural curiosity to know more, see more and be more. Studying hard and applying your new-found knowledge is the best investment you can make for yourself and your future. The payoff can be just what you thought or as great as you can imagine. It's all up to you.
You all have the ability to make a difference, to change your future, to lead a life of wonder, curiosity and enrichment.
My challenge to the students of Cross Hill Academy is to surprise us, amaze us and make us proud.
I BELIEVE in you . . . BELIEVE in yourselves.
A child educated only at school is an uneducated child. ~George Santayana
School News and Events
CHA Quarterly Report: November 1, 2015 - January 15, 2016
Click on the link below to read the report
CHA QR #2 for NYSED NO WM final.pdf
CHA Quarterly Report: July 1, 2015 - October 30, 2015
Click on link to read the report
CHA MCB Final Quarterly RF.pdf
Dignity Act Liaison
Mrs. Maria Salvador
From the Desk of Ms. Westphal, Library Media Specialist: How to Search for eBooks in Follett Destiny
Our Collection Includes: Easy, Chapter, Non-Fiction and Many Professional eBooks
• Log into http://crosshill.ypschools.org
• Click on the Follett Destiny eCatalog Tab
• Click on our School Name listed under Elementary/Middle Schools
: Username (type your 6 digit student ID#) & Password (type student)
All School Staff:
Username (type your initials, followed by your payroll #) & Password (type your payroll #)
• On the catalog page select Follett Shelf to browse and borrow eBooks
• Select Material Type: There are 98 Interactive eBooks. Each of these eBooks has an infinity symbol on the cover, which means an unlimited number of patrons may browse and read these eBooks at the same time. You will have two choices: Have the eBook read to you or click sound off and read the eBook yourself. Some eBooks will include a multiple choice quiz.
• There are 75 Follett eBooks. Each of these eBooks has only one copy. You can check out any eBook by dragging the eBook into the checkout box. After reading the eBook you can write a review. Each review will be read by Ms. Westphal. If it is approved it will be posted to our website.
• You may also use the Digital Resource Link at the top of the page to browse our Interactive eBooks that are available from Capstone Library or Lerner Books.
• You can also search for a title by typing the title or authors name in the Find Field. All websites are reviewed by educators.
• Once you check out an eBook you will select from the catalog page your MyInfo Tab to open and read your eBook. All eBooks will check in automatically after 14 days.
• Finally, when you are done browsing or checking out eBooks click your name in the top right corner and click Logout.
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you'll go." — Dr. Seuss
Remember: You can Browse and Read our eBooks 24/7, 365 days a year
Any questions Email Ms. Westphal: email@example.com
Visit the Library Media Center
for electronic resources, database subscription login information and exciting websites.
Click on one of our many database subcriptions to browse our various eBook collections. Select books to read online or download books to your eReader.
Click on the tab WEB OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog) to browse books from anywhere for your reading pleasure. Stop by the Library Media Center to make your selection.
What's cooking in the Cafeteria?
Yonkers Public Schools News
NEW WEBSITES TO SERVE YOU BETTER
Coming Summer 2016
Microsoft Office for Students
Microsoft Office for Staff
Import eChalk Email into Microsoft Office 365
for important flyers, forms, and materials that were recently distributed for students, parents, and families.
Please read our PTSA ByLaws, which can be located under the School Resources Tab.
to visit the PTSA Group Page which includes current memos and newsletters!
Apply for membership!
The PTSA has sponsored
Box Tops for Education
. Box Tops will be collected through June so continue to clip and send in your Box Tops to support our school.
Friday, July 29, 2016
View Monthly Calendar
75% chance of precipitation.
31% chance of precipitation.
Cross Hill Academy, 160 Bolmer Avenue, Yonkers, NY 10703