Secondary Bell Schedule
Directory of Schools
Faculty & Staff
Yonkers Council of PTAs
School Programs Catalogs
Code of Conduct
Common Core Standards
How to Enroll in School
Library Catalog - Follett Destiny
Lunch & Breakfast Menus
NYS School Report Cards
Summer Reading Lists
WDMC TV Schedule
eChalk Student Registration
403B Information & Letter
Secondary Bell Schedule
Follett Destiny eCatalog
eChalk Student Registration
First in Math
Virtual Main Office
Common Core Resources
eSchool Progress Reports
From the Principal
Join Cross Hill Academy in Raising Readers!
Pledge to read with your child(ren) at home 20 minutes everyday. This simple act helps children reach their full potential, finding success in school and in life.
In addition, eBooks are available through our school Library Program. Go to
, and follow these three steps:
1. Click on the Library Resources Icon - (On right side of page)
2. Click on Elementary Resources tab to view all district databases, which includes eBooks and reference sources
3. Click on Destiny eCatalog and Resources tab to read eBooks in Follett Shelf (On left side of page). Many eBooks are Interactive and have audio capabilities. Students will need to login:
: 6 digit student ID#
in all of you and this year each of you will experience how much CHA
, too. All that will be left is to
Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year!
Brian S. Gray
Principal of Cross Hill Academy
School News and Events
Join us for our workshop "Nutrition for Academic Success"
Thursday, March 19, 2015
8:00am - 9:00am in the Library
Click here for more information.
Family Welcome Center
Our parent center is now open for our entire school community. The room is located on the 1st floor and is a place for parents to gather, use one of the four computers, and access community information. Staff can offer free referrals, information, and services available to all students and their parents. Families in need should contact the school.
Dignity Act Liaison
Mrs. Maria Salvador
From the Desk of Ms. Westphal, Library Media Specialist: How to Search for eBooks in Follett Destiny
Our Collection Includes: Easy, Chapter, Non-Fiction and Many Professional eBooks
• Log into http://crosshill.ypschools.org
• Click on the Follett Destiny eCatalog Tab
• Click on our School Name listed under Elementary/Middle Schools
: Username (type your 6 digit student ID#) & Password (type student)
All School Staff:
Username (type your initials, followed by your payroll #) & Password (type your payroll #)
• On the catalog page select Follett Shelf to browse and borrow eBooks
• Select Material Type: There are 98 Interactive eBooks. Each of these eBooks has an infinity symbol on the cover, which means an unlimited number of patrons may browse and read these eBooks at the same time. You will have two choices: Have the eBook read to you or click sound off and read the eBook yourself. Some eBooks will include a multiple choice quiz.
• There are 75 Follett eBooks. Each of these eBooks has only one copy. You can check out any eBook by dragging the eBook into the checkout box. After reading the eBook you can write a review. Each review will be read by Ms. Westphal. If it is approved it will be posted to our website.
• You may also use the Digital Resource Link at the top of the page to browse our Interactive eBooks that are available from Capstone Library or Lerner Books.
• You can also search for a title by typing the title or authors name in the Find Field. All websites are reviewed by educators.
• Once you check out an eBook you will select from the catalog page your MyInfo Tab to open and read your eBook. All eBooks will check in automatically after 14 days.
• Finally, when you are done browsing or checking out eBooks click your name in the top right corner and click Logout.
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you'll go." — Dr. Seuss
Remember: You can Browse and Read our eBooks 24/7, 365 days a year
Any questions Email Ms. Westphal: email@example.com
Visit the Library Media Center
for electronic resources, database subscription login information and exciting websites.
Click on one of our many database subcriptions to browse our various eBook collections. Select books to read online or download books to your eReader.
Click on the tab WEB OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog) to browse books from anywhere for your reading pleasure. Stop by the Library Media Center to make your selection.
What's cooking in the Cafeteria?
Yonkers Public Schools News
YPIE College Knowledge
for important flyers, forms, and materials that were recently distributed for students, parents, and families.
Please read our PTSA ByLaws, which can be located under the School Resources Tab. Join us for our General Membership meeting on Thursday, October 16, 2014 @ 6:30pm in the Library.
to visit the PTSA Group Page which includes current memos and newsletters!
Apply for membership!
The PTSA has sponsored
Box Tops for Education
. Box Tops will be collected through June so continue to clip and send in your Box Tops to support our school.
Monday, May 25
Memorial Day Observed - Schools & Central Office Closed
Sunday, May 24, 2015
View Monthly Calendar
0% chance of precipitation.
10% chance of precipitation.
Cross Hill Academy, 160 Bolmer Avenue, Yonkers, NY 10703