Secondary Bell Schedule
Directory of Schools
Faculty & Staff
Yonkers Council of PTAs
School Programs Catalogs
Code of Conduct
Common Core Standards
Dignity For All Act Liaisons
How to Enroll in School
Library Catalog - Follett Destiny
Lunch & Breakfast Menus
NYS School & District Data
Summer Reading Lists
WDMC TV Schedule
eChalk Student Registration
403B Information & Letter
Secondary Bell Schedule
Follett Destiny eCatalog
eChalk Student Registration
District Online Resources
First in Math
Virtual Main Office
Common Core Resources
Elementary Blank Plan
Elementary Instructional Plan Book
IT Direct - Online Technology Tickets
Teacher Access Center Reference Manual
From the Principal
The holiday season has begun and we are all reminded of the moments we have shared with our families, friends, neighbors and colleagues. At this time we should all be thankful for what we have gained from them, shared with them, learned from them and enjoyed with them.
Our students at Cross Hill Academy are growing intellectually, physically and emotionally daily. They had a bit of testing through the school district recently and have done very well; showing the gains and progress we need to continue our work at this wonderful school.
Our musicians are practicing and sounding better and better each day. We have Study Island available to all students from Kindergarten through 7
grade and they can log in from a computer at home to hone their skills. The JCY afterschool program for 6
graders is filled and our 3
grade Targeted Instruction initiative is gaining STEAM.
As 2015 comes to a close, we look eagerly forward to 2016 and all the excitement and surprises it may have in store for us.
Happy Holidays to you and your families.
A child educated only at school is an uneducated child. ~George Santayana
School News and Events
CHA Quarterly Report: July 1, 2015 - October 30, 2015
Click on link to read the report
CHA MCB Final Quarterly RF.pdf
Cross Hill Academy is now in partnership with Con Edison and the Hudson River Museum for a STEAM workshop on the Science of the Hudson River
Click on the
to read the press release
Dignity Act Liaison
Mrs. Maria Salvador
From the Desk of Ms. Westphal, Library Media Specialist: How to Search for eBooks in Follett Destiny
Our Collection Includes: Easy, Chapter, Non-Fiction and Many Professional eBooks
• Log into http://crosshill.ypschools.org
• Click on the Follett Destiny eCatalog Tab
• Click on our School Name listed under Elementary/Middle Schools
: Username (type your 6 digit student ID#) & Password (type student)
All School Staff:
Username (type your initials, followed by your payroll #) & Password (type your payroll #)
• On the catalog page select Follett Shelf to browse and borrow eBooks
• Select Material Type: There are 98 Interactive eBooks. Each of these eBooks has an infinity symbol on the cover, which means an unlimited number of patrons may browse and read these eBooks at the same time. You will have two choices: Have the eBook read to you or click sound off and read the eBook yourself. Some eBooks will include a multiple choice quiz.
• There are 75 Follett eBooks. Each of these eBooks has only one copy. You can check out any eBook by dragging the eBook into the checkout box. After reading the eBook you can write a review. Each review will be read by Ms. Westphal. If it is approved it will be posted to our website.
• You may also use the Digital Resource Link at the top of the page to browse our Interactive eBooks that are available from Capstone Library or Lerner Books.
• You can also search for a title by typing the title or authors name in the Find Field. All websites are reviewed by educators.
• Once you check out an eBook you will select from the catalog page your MyInfo Tab to open and read your eBook. All eBooks will check in automatically after 14 days.
• Finally, when you are done browsing or checking out eBooks click your name in the top right corner and click Logout.
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you'll go." — Dr. Seuss
Remember: You can Browse and Read our eBooks 24/7, 365 days a year
Any questions Email Ms. Westphal: email@example.com
Visit the Library Media Center
for electronic resources, database subscription login information and exciting websites.
Click on one of our many database subcriptions to browse our various eBook collections. Select books to read online or download books to your eReader.
Click on the tab WEB OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog) to browse books from anywhere for your reading pleasure. Stop by the Library Media Center to make your selection.
What's cooking in the Cafeteria?
Yonkers Public Schools News
for important flyers, forms, and materials that were recently distributed for students, parents, and families.
Please read our PTSA ByLaws, which can be located under the School Resources Tab.
to visit the PTSA Group Page which includes current memos and newsletters!
Apply for membership!
The PTSA has sponsored
Box Tops for Education
. Box Tops will be collected through June so continue to clip and send in your Box Tops to support our school.
Mon, Feb 1 - Sun, Feb 14
Permanent Superintendent Process Survey
Monday, February 8
Principal's Parent Cafe
Join Principal Gray for a conversation at 8:00am in the Family Welcome Center!
School Choice Process
Student Focus Group
Join Principal Gray for a conversation during your lunch in the Family Welcome Student!
Board of Education Policy Committee Meetings
Fourth Floor Board Room
One Larkin Center
Monday, February 08, 2016
View Monthly Calendar
Cross Hill Academy, 160 Bolmer Avenue, Yonkers, NY 10703